[Lemon-user] Debian ITP
deba.mf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:32:14 CET 2010
I am happy to see this initiation, because I am both LEMON developer and
I think, some questions should be clarified before the packaging.
- Which LP solvers will be supported in debian (GLPK, coinor-libclp, coinor-
- Will they be packaged separately? If yes, how can the lemon/config.h file
created, if it depends on the additionally installed packages?
- Some licensing issues have to be fixed, as well. GLPK is a GPL library,
while we would like to provide the main LEMON library with BOOST software
I recommend one of the following solutions for packaging:
- Simple: Provide one library only with CLP and CBC support.
- Harder: One core LEMON library package, one package for LEMON glpk binding,
one package for LEMON cbc+clp binding. All the packages could get the current
BOOST license expect the glpk binding, which may get GPL license. In addition,
the lemon/config.h should be modified if the binding packages are installed (I
do not know the details, whether it is possible).
Of course I also recommend separate doc package for LEMON.
Thanks for your work, and I hope, that LEMON can be part of official debian
Best regards, Balazs
On Tuesday 23 February 2010 16:18:12 D Haley wrote:
> i have filed an ITP for lemon.
> A work-in-progress git repo can be found on alioth under debian science:
> git clone git://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/liblemon1
> Lemon-user mailing list
> Lemon-user at lemon.cs.elte.hu
More information about the Lemon-user