[Lemon-user] parallelization of LEMON library

Alpár Jüttner alpar at cs.elte.hu
Mon Sep 20 07:20:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your goals.

      * If MPI is in use, then why do you need thread safety at all? For
        MPI you need some efficient data structure serialization instead
        (in order to pass graphs and other data between the nodes).
      * I believe Parallel Boost Graph Library is for low level
        parallelization (i.e. it is able to execute e.g. a single
        shortest path execution in parallel). I guess their basic
        algorithm implementations are not the most effective in
        sequential mode.

Anyway, I look forward hearing about your experience with Parallel Boost
Graph Library. Parallel computation support is inevitable in order to
utilize the power of the future (in fact even the contemporary) high
performance computers.

Regards,
Alpar